Thursday, August 21, 2008

Task Five: Video Reflections - 'Yves Behar - Designing objects that tell stories'

I found this video to be very interesting and clear in meaning. I thought that the main message of the speech was to outline the importance of passion in design. I especially agreed with his views on how we must make our designs humanistic so that we can create relationships between our products and the users.

The design which had most impact on me, was the 'Y water bottles'. I found these to be quite ingenious as they mixed a fun element to something that could seem bland. I believe that this is the aim to true design. Giving delight in something which seems boring.

I learnt that in design, we must pour our souls, our values and our passion into the products we create. And even if someone does not agree with this, we should believe in the original idea. It may not always be correct, but if we keep stripping back to the original idea, something great can be achieved.

No comments: