Thursday, September 18, 2008

Task Five: Video Reflections - Annie Leonard - The story of Stuff

I found this video very captivating as the images really helped to emphasis the message being conveyed. This video really made me look at the big picture. What the products we design are being used for, where we get our materials from, and where it ends up. It made me realize that the products we design and the products we will be designing are just a small figment in the processes which make up the world.

It shocked me just how much consumerism was ruining the natural resources of the world, and how many people it was affecting. I learnt many things from watching the video and it made me realize many things which i had to overcome as a designer.

After watching this video, i realized that i should design products that were sustainable and environmentally responsible as so much of the world was being trashed due to the consumerism show which we are all a part of.

The video also made me look at the big picture, not just about the products which i would be designing, but got me thinking about where these products would come from, who they affect, and what it would do in the long run.

No comments: